Philip Holder and Heather Moorhead will consider the broader governance issues, including the role and responsibilities of the Minister for Regional Development and his Department, in relation to the matter. They will also consider the recommendations of the Utility Regulator who is examining the role of NI Water in the incident.
Notes to editors:
1. Philip Holder has spent much of his career in the utilities and related services sectors. He spent 25 years at East Surrey Holdings (ESH), latterly as MD with responsibility for its water and gas divisions.
He currently holds the following Non-Executive posts;
- Non-Executive Chairman of Fulcrum Utility Services – Fulcrum is an AIM listed company which deals with connections to gas networks throughout GB. It also owns some gas networks.
- Non-Executive Director and committee member of Compania Logistica de Hidrocarburos in Madrid, Spain. CLH stores and distributes, via pipeline, all Spain’s refined fuels (ie diesel, heating oil, petrol, aviation fuel) and biofuels.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Forefront Utilities – Forefront provides main laying and all associated services to National Grid and all other gas infrastructure companies.
2. Heather Moorhead is a graduate of the University of Ulster. She served as CEO of NILGA (Northern Ireland Local Government Association) from 2002-2010. Her professional background is in corporate governance and management within the public sector.
3. Media enquiries to the OFMDFM Press Office on 028 9037 8142. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned